Tom Cruise is Officially Going to Space Next Year

Tom Cruise is Officially Going to Space Next Year for his Next Movie

Finally, the news of 58-year-old Hollywood mega star Tom Cruise going to outer space is confirmed this week. According to the previous updates, Tom Cruise was working with SpaceX and NASA about filming a movie in outer space; now the news is officially confirmed by Space Shuttle Almanac’s official twitter post.

The name Tom Cruise is not unknown to anyone who often watches Hollywood movies. The mega star is hugely known for his roles in Action-packed movies, including his outstanding work in Mission Impossible movie franchise. The daring actor is always ready to take challenges and often does his own stunts in the movies; his mission impossible series is no exception to this. In 2016, Cruise broke his ankle while performing a roof-to-roof leap on the set of his Mission Impossible: Fallout movie. But now, Cruise will have the most daring mission yet, as he will head to the space. Earlier this year, a news first revealed that Tom Cruise has been working with Elon Musk and NASA to film his upcoming movie in outer space.

In May 2020, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said on twitter that, “NASA is excited to work with Tom Cruise on a film aboard the Space Station,” he also added, “We need popular media to inspire a new generation of engineers and scientists to make NASA’s ambitious plans a reality.” Sources point out, the upcoming movie does not have a title yet, but it will be directed by Doug Liman, who previously directed Edge of Tomorrow. Cruise has also worked with Doug Liman in2017’s film American Made Christopher McQuarrie, who is the collaborator for Cruise’s Mission: Impossible series will be the story advisor and producer in this movie. Cruise is currently focused on working alongside with the agency and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, as this will be the first movie to be shot in space. Although details about developing this movie are still in the shadows, Liman said the budget of this movie is estimated around $200 million. On Tuesday, the recent twitter post from Space Shuttle Almanac’s official Twitter page, confirmed that Cruise’s project of going to space has been granted. The post also said Commander Michael Lopez-Alegria would be in charge of this mission to fly the four-person crew dragon, which is initially scheduled in October 2021. When the Axiom spacecraft will launch for ISS, Alegria along with Cruise and director Doug Liman will be on board.

Moreover, the post includes a picture showing the International Space Station and other National crew’s manifest for the next three years (2020-2023), in which October 2021 is added with “SpaceX Crew Dragon Axiom Tourist Flight,” with names Algeria, Cruise, and Liman. However, the image shows one vacancy for “Tourist3”, which remains unclear for now. Some are assuming that the remaining spot is reserved for a female character of the movie or even a cameraman in order to make sure the shoot goes smoothly. Now there are still some questions remaining unanswered in Cruise’s outer space film project. Space Shuttle Almanac’s twitter post was a major highlight of this news. Tides are already in motion. With having Liman, as a director of this movie has attracted top-talents. Filming a movie in outer space might be a real challenge for the crew but it will also be a big leap for Hollywood industry.

Thanks for reading.

One thought on “Tom Cruise is Officially Going to Space Next Year

Leave a Reply